An individual who has temporarily lost the use of one or more limbs, is temporarily disabled as to be unable to ambulate without the aid of an assisting device, or had had their mobility otherwise temporarily limited as certified by a physician, may be eligible for a temporary handicapped parking permit. To be eligible for a temporary handicap parking permit, the applicant must obtain an application (SP-68) from the Union City Police Department Traffic Bureau located at:

506-518 38th St.
Union City, NJ 07087

It is recommended that the application be picked up in person by the applicant. The applicant must have their physician certify the application. The application MUST be completed by a licensed physician or it will not be accepted. Return the completed application to the Police Traffic Bureau along with a $4.00 money order to begin the application process. For more information, please contact the Union City Police Department Traffic Bureau at (201) 348-5788. Please note that permanent handicapped parking placards may only be obtained through the New Jersey State Motor Vehicle Commission.