The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. The legislation also helps law enforcement agencies to better serve victims of crimes.

If you have any questions please visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website – U Nonimmigrant Status program by clicking on the link below:

Or by contacting the Union City Police Department / Investigative Division at:

201- 348-5800